Salmon, Broccoli & Ginger Rice
A delicious and quick high fibrous lunch or side packed with immune boosting ginger and garlic, sliced broccoli and carrots and anti-inflammatory fats
Pescatarian, vegetarian if no salmon used
How to make
1) Wash the rice and add to a pan with twice as much water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a low heat and cook gently with the lid on for about 20 minutes. When all the water has evaporated remove from the heat and continue to steam with the lid on.
2) Add a glug of olive oil to a large frying pan. Add the chopped onion, broccoli, carrots, ginger, garlic and cook until soft.
3) Add the cooked rice and stir in.
4) Add tamari sauce to the pan and stir in. Add some pepper
5) At the end of you wish you can add some chopped kale and cook until wilted
6) Serve with a slice of lemon, sprinkled with coriander leaves or flat leaf parsley
7) If serving for lunch you can add a boiled egg or sliced avocado for extra protein and a dose of good fats
2 cups brown basmati rice
2 medium carrots
3 broccoli florets
medium chunk of fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
2 salmon fillets, uncooked
Gluten free tamari soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste